- Exfoliation – use exfoliating body gloves or bath brush every time you shower. Make sure you are gentle and alternate circular movements with up and down ones.
- Use a Benzoyl Peroxide wash three times a week or every other day. Use a mild body wash with salicylic acid.
- Treat with 5% benzoyl peroxide lotion if you have many blackheads with a few blemishes, or a BHA gel if there is more inflamed blemishes and irritation.
- Wear breathable materials and loose fitting clothingt, preferably cotton. Make sure you leave enough time after working out to shower and change your clothes too.
- Switch to laundry detergents that are fragrance-free.
- Stop using fabric softeners and drier sheets - they both leave deposits on the skin that can clog pores, even the fragrance-free ones ! Use the new “dryer balls” instead.
- For breakouts on the back, a back facial
is a good idea to add deeper hydration, extract blackhead impactions
and heal acne lesions. continue to follow the above regimen though!