Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Home hair coloring adventures

the goal
I have been loving the deep auburn red hair that I keep seeing pictures of on pinterest. No matter what I did, I didnt look like any of these girls. These women of course had really long hair that was just curled perfectly, shiney as all hell and really vivid. How was I to know that red hair fades within a week and tends to look really dull. I figured because I am irish and have some deep red undertones that I could keep the color looking great. Nope, brown roots and dull red middle with light red ends was all i could get. So now Im on a new venture. Lets go dark brown. Well now I look washed out and even more pale then I did before. It being winter probably isnt helping that situation. I look like I could be cast in the next twilight movie, perhaps as the ugly step sister or something haha. So now what.....I look some more at pinterest trying to get some ideas of where to go from here. Deep chestnut with bayalage-ombre-ish highlights seems like the new trend. Hmmm, going to the salon isnt really an option so I guess I'm in for another trial and error adventure. Lets hope my hair doesnt fall out!


the red
the faded red







No comments:

Post a Comment